In this post, I list 20 quick tips and recommendations for what you can do with kids in Chiang Mai. The city is perfect for having family fun, and it was recently awarded the prize as the friendliest city in the world by the readers of Conde Nast’s Traveller magazine. As you might already know, Chiang Mai has been a constant favourite city for long-stay tourism, “workation “, and digital nomads.
But is Chiang Mai opening? Well, we have to wait and see. According to the rollout of Thailands opening plan for tourism, there are indications that parts of Chiang Mai should extend under the Charming Chiangmai scheme in September.
20 places for Family fun in Chiang Mai
- Triplets Restaurant and Playground
- Nic’s Restaurant and Playground
- Ginger Farm
- The Bua Tong sticky waterfall in Mae Tang. Read more here.
- The new Art in Paradise San Kamphaeng. Read more in the Chiang Mai Family guide.
- A day out at Ob Khan Nationalpark, Read more here.
- Mae Sa Waterfall
- Chiang Mai Night safari
- Cup Fine day
- Chiang Mai River beach. See more on their Facebook page here.
- Grand Canyon Water Park
- Elephant Poop Park
- Tube Trek Waterpark
- Chiang Mai Zoo
- Skybridge and tree walk at Queen Sirikit Botanical garden in Mae Sa Valley.
- Try one of the new Skateboard parks
- Lanna Rock Garden. Read more here.
- Go to a themed coffee shop; there are plenty of them. The favourite is Into the Woods – the fairytale cafe.
- Hands-on experiences in the Insect Zoo in Mae Rim.
- Go camping! Why not try Doi Pui mountain or go glamping in Phang Hai.
Read more about waterparks in Chiang Mai here
Read more on restaurants with playgrounds in Chiang Mai here.
And one more, why not stay overnight in a Tree House surrounded by teak forests.
For more in-depth information about more family fun and other things to do in Northern Thailand please scroll through the archive of my blog.